Find additional nformation on the City of Talent's website: http://www.cityoftalent.org/


Updated 12 November 2020


This Information is provided by community volunteers. Please email contributions to talentvolunteers@gmail.com




For those displaced and for those who want to be of service


para los desplazados + para aquellos que quieren estar de servicio



A map of resources available to members of our community affected by the recent fires.This map was created by community members connected with Rogue Climate and is populated with information supplied by the locations offering these resources.



Multiple-Area Resource Center (MARC) for Jackson County (“One-stop shop”)

Old Central Medford High School

815 S. Oakdale Dr., Medford, OR 


Open 7 days/week, 8 am - 8 pm


RVTD bus route from Talent: 10, transfer to route 2 in West Medford


Services available at the MARC (as of 26 September 2020)



Red Cross

County Assessor

Farmers’ Insurance (for all insurance questions)

Assistance replacing lost documents

St. Vincent de Paul (placement in hotels, info about showers and lunches)

Rogue Community Health

Jackson Care Connect


2 computer terminals for internet access



1) Jackson County Public Libraries 

Ex: Talent Public Library,  101 Home Street, Talent. 

Will need a library card OR can get a temporary computer pass with a name and birthdate. First come, first serve availability. 

4 computer stations. Open Tues - Saturday, noon - 4 pm.


2 computer stations

Open 8 am - 8 pm, 7 days/week

Old Central Medford High School

815 S. Oakdale Dr., Medford, OR 


Wifi: available at Wagner Plaza Talent distribution center, and MARC in Medford. 



Oregon is now officially a disaster area and able to receive FEMA assistance. How do I apply?


U.S. Senator Ron Wyden’s office supplied this information from FEMA.

First, contact your insurance agency if you have one. Then register on the FEMA website at:http://www.disasterassistance.gov/  Also, call: 1-800-621-3362


Useful documents for the FEMA process:

FEMA Individual Assistance Program Fact Sheet


2020 September Wildfires Major Disaster Handout


Also - here’s a link to the Disaster Assistance.gov FAQs: 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | disasterassistance.gov


RESOURCES FOR: filing insurance claims - finding a counselor - shelter - finding essentials in Talent


The Jackson County website has excellent information on immediate assistance.






Refugio/Shelter - Cruz Roja Americana/American Red Cross, Cascades Region


A new shelter opened Tuesday, September 22, in Phoenix. It is focused on Latino families but anyone and everyone is welcome. No police or government agencies are there. Estamos aquí para ayudar - Here To Help 


Phoenix Elementary School  215 N. Rose St., Phoenix, OR 

Se abre a las 10:00 de la mañana  martes, 22 de septiembre

Opening at 10:00 a.m.  Tuesday, September 22 


Rooms to rent in or near Talent


Rogue Valley Homes and Shelter Relief (RVHSR)


Home Share Oregon


Rogue Valley Fires Mutual Aid Housing


Access Housing Connection Portal


Society of St. Vincent De Paul, Rogue Valley Council. Call (541) 772-3828 to ask for help finding a hotel room.


What do I need to do if I’ve been evacuated from my home but wish to return to my residence to check it?                                                                     

Many areas across Oregon remain in a heightened evacuation status. Be sure to check with local authorities before returning to your residence. If you can return, please be on the lookout for downed power lines. Treat all downed lines as active and stay clear of them. Our crews continue to be working across the state restoring power, replacing damaged poles and lines, just as quickly and as safely as possible.

¿Qué debo hacer si me han evacuado de mi casa pero deseo regresar a mi residencia para registrarme?

Muchas áreas de Oregón permanecen en un estado de evacuación elevado. Asegúrese de consultar con las autoridades locales antes de regresar a su residencia. Si puede regresar, esté atento a las líneas eléctricas caídas. Trate todas las líneas caídas como activas y manténgase alejado de ellas. Nuestras cuadrillas continúan trabajando en todo el estado para restaurar el servicio eléctrico, reemplazando postes y cables dañados, lo más rápido y seguro que sea posible.




When can I visit the site where my home burned? 




The national FEMA team has 6,000 burned locations to examine for utility and building code enforcements. This is to make sure people are safe. Many home sites have hazardous materials (“hazmat”) because of the chemicals released when the homes burned. 


The City is working closely with the Jackson County Sheriff to make the process as quick as possible. The City will notify citizens on its website as soon as the FEMA, utility, code enforcement, fire department, and other steps are completed. Then people will be encouraged to return to their home sites.


When can I start debris cleanup? 

Here is important information for Talent residents and business owners with properties that were destroyed in the Almeda Fire, posted by the City September 18, 2020. The City directives prioritize health and safety for residents. 


If my home burned, will I still pay property tax?


Contact the Jackson County Tax Assessor’s office. The rolls are confirmed in October of each year. Homes that were destroyed will not automatically be removed from the tax rolls. Please contact them to discuss proration of annual property taxes.

Grant for housing relief from Oregon Association of Realtors

Oregon Association of Realtors (OAR) has secured $500,000 grant for housing relief through NAR’s REALTOR® Relief Foundation for the Oregon wildfires disaster.

Who should apply?

Any full-time resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted U.S. resident who has lost their home to the Oregon wildfire disaster and is in need of support for either of the following: 1) Monthly mortgage expense for the primary residence that was damaged by the Oregon Wildfires Disaster  or; 2) Rental cost due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the Oregon Wildfires Disaster. Relief assistance is limited to a maximum of $1000 per applicant per household.  Grants will be jointly payable to applicant and mortgage lender or landlord.

Deadline for application submission is November 15, 2020.

Download application here 




La Clinica is a health care provider assisting low-income folks. They have a mobile unit that also tends to unhoused populations. Click here to see the calendar: . Also available on Facebook at La Clinica - Home


Is there someone I can talk to for emotional support?


Rogue Valley Emotional Wellness Hotline is for ANYONE in the Southern Oregon area experiencing grief and loss associated with the recent fires.


Talent Police Department


Call 541-535-1253. This line will only be answered during regular business hours. 


For after hours contact, call dispatch at 541-776-7206.


Air quality


Monitor air quality sites and follow recommendations. Generally, stay indoors in a room with a HEPA filter running if possible. If you must be outside, wear a N95 or P100 mask. Avoid exercise if possible. 


Remember that N95 and KN95 masks must be properly fitted. See the CDC recommendations for fitting a N95 mask. 


This EPA Wildfire Smoke Fact Sheet indicates that N95 or P100 masks be worn. N95 and KN95 masks are available at the distribution center at Wagner Plaza, corner of Main and Talent Avenue in Talent.


Free Osteopathic Healthcare


Osteopathic Health Care, 201 Pacific Highway. Throughout October, every Friday afternoon from 2:00 till 6:00 p.m., Elizabeth and Greg are offering free osteopathic treatments to our residents affected by the Almeda Fire. By appointment only, call: 541-897-4445




As of Tuesday, September 22, 2020, RVTD regular Route 10 has resumed. There is a detour using Creel Rd instead of Arnos because Arnos Rd is closed. Some stops are roped off due to fire damage. Please wait nearby in a safe place until the bus arrives. 




Talent’s drinking water


At 1:30 pm, September 16, 2020, the water boil advisory for the City of Talent was lifted.


If my house has been destroyed do I contact the power company?                                                                                                  

Our hearts go out to our customers who have been displaced from their homes due to the recent historic storm and related wildfires. Customers can and should contact Pacific Power’s care center team at 1-888-221-7070 anytime, 24/7, if their power is out due to damage or if their home has been destroyed. Our teams are ready to assist customers in closing or suspending their accounts or assisting them with other service or billing questions.

Si mi hogar ha sido destruido, ¿debo comunicarme con la compañía eléctrica para informarles?

Compartimos la angustia de los que han sido desplazados de sus hogares debido a la reciente tormenta histórica y los incendios forestales relacionados. Clientes pueden y deben comunicarse con nuestro centro de atención al cliente de Pacific Power al 1-888-225-2611 en cualquier momento, las 24 horas del día, 7 días de la semana. Si su servicio de electricidad se está apagado debido a daños o si su hogar ha sido destruido, nuestros equipos están listos para ayudar a los clientes a cerrar o suspender sus cuentas o ayudarlos con otros servicios o preguntas sobre facturación.




Where to find food, information, water, and essentials in Talent


Wagner Plaza, at the corner of Main and Talent Avenue (location of Talent Maker City and The Grotto), has a distribution center for supplies and information.  Resources and supplies for all. Open 7 days a week, 11 am - 6 pm.




The following voting information is from Fires in Oregon, Voter FAQ at the Oregon Secretary of State website.


How can I receive my ballot if I have been displaced by wildfires?

Ballots will begin being mailed October 14th. If you know an address where you will be able to receive mail then, you can add a temporary mailing address at oregonvotes.gov/myvote.

  1. If you want to use a paper form to provide us with a temporary address Download the Absentee Ballot Request Form here.

  2. You can pick up all of your mail (including ballots once they are mailed) at the post office that serves your permanent residence address.

  3. Contact your county election office after October 1st for additional options they may have for pickup. Find yours here: https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/countyofficials.aspx


If I submit a change of address through USPS will my ballot be forwarded to the new address?


NO. Ballots are not forwardable. It is one of the security features of our system. You must inform election officials of your temporary address using one of the methods above in order to have your ballot sent there.

Do I need to register to vote from my temporary address?


NO. You do not need to re-register to vote if you are living somewhere temporarily because you have been displaced by wildfires. You just need to let election officials know where to mail your ballot by one of the methods above.


Will I be able to vote on the local measures where my permanent address is located even if I am temporarily living outside that area?


YES. The ballot you receive will contain the contests for your residential address, not your temporary mailing address.




Talent customers who have been displaced from their homes and have not put in a forward may pick up their mail at the Phoenix Post Office, Mon - Fri 9:30 am - 5 pm. 


If you put in a forward, your mail will be forwarded to your new address. Please allow 7 to 10 business days.


All other customers, P.O. boxes, and customers picking up parcels or items they have received a notice for, can continue to pick up mail in Talent.





The Oregon Employment Department is announcing the availability of Disaster Unemployment Assistance for individuals who became unemployed, had their work hours substantially reduced or are unemployed self-employed individuals as a direct result of the wildfires that have been taking place since September 7, 2020, including the Almeda Fire. 


For more information read the full Executive Order.  




How can I support the citizens of Talent?

The Wagner Plaza distribution center updates our list of needs daily. Gift cards (Ashland and Medford), especially hardware stores and gas cards, and meal cards (Ashland and Medford) are especially appreciated.


Bring donations directly to the distribution center at Wagner Plaza, corner of Main x Talent Avenue, Talent. 

If you prefer to give cash,give to the Rogue Valley Relief Fund.  Funds for short- and long-term response and rebuilding will be distributed by local Rogue Valley organizations that know our communities well.

How can I volunteer? 

Fill out the Rogue Valley fire relief volunteers form online. This will connect you to people and organizations that need your help. For more information, email talentvolunteers@gmail.com